If you make off road trip frequently, you already know that you can suddenly come across with an inconvenient situations. You may not find any assistance if you have any issue with your car. What if your car has broken down on an off road trip?
In this case, you need nothing but the best off road air compressor to inflate your car’s tires or your dirt bike’s tires and so forth. But the question is you don’t know which one is the best for your needs, right? Because the market is flooded with so many brands and products.
Table of content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our selected off road air compressor. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- 6 Best Off Road Air Compressor Reviews 2020
- 1. ARB (CKMTP12) 12V Twin Motor High Performance Portable Air Compressor
- 2. VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor
- 3. VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor – 30033
- 4. California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Light & Quiet Portable Air Compressor, Silver
- 5. Smittybilt 2780 2.54 CFM Universal Air Compressor
- 6. Slime 40026 2X Heavy Duty Direct Drive Tire Inflator
- What To Consider Before Buying A Off Road Air Compressor?
After selecting the 6 best off road air compressor, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand. Also, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article, you can have a quick look at the chart as well.
ARB (CKMTP12) 12V Twin Motor High Performance Portable Air Compressor
VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor
VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor – 30033
California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Light & Quiet Portable Air Compressor, Silver
Smittybilt 2780 2.54 CFM Universal Air Compressor
Slime 40026 2X Heavy Duty Direct Drive Tire Inflator
6 Best Off Road Air Compressor Reviews 2020
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough experience in reviewing these air compressors here. And, we do hope and believe that you will end up selecting one that will best suit you. So, read on to the end so that you can get your desired one.
1. ARB (CKMTP12) 12V Twin Motor High Performance Portable Air Compressor
ARB Portable Air Compressor comes with ultra compact twin motor and dual cylinder design makes the compressor high flowing in comparison to other air compressor out there in the market. Its 6.16 CFM and 4.65 CFM at 29 PSI helps you to inflate your car’s tires rapidly.
The best portable air compressor for off roading, ARB portable air compressor comes with its integrated aluminum tank and pressure switch which allows you to regulate the pressure of the machine between 135 PSI and 150 PSI.
While operating or inflating the tires of your car, the air compressor does not get overheated because of its ducted IP55 sealed brushed DC cooling fan as well as aluminum motor brackets to dissipate the heat from the motor of the machine. Also it has a 20 feet air hose which allows you to inflate the tires from long distances.
ARB Portable Air Compressor Features:
- The air compressor comes with ultra compact twin motor which allows you to inflate your car’s tires very fast.
- Its dual cylinder design allows high flowing of air due to its 6.16 CFM and 4.65 CFM at 29 PSI to enable you to inflate the tires.
- You can regulate the air pressure in between 135 PSI and 150 PSI because of its integrated aluminum air tank and pressure switch.
- It comes with a waterproof carry case which is durable and you can store the air hose and other components of the machine easily.
- While inflating tires, its ducted IP55 sealed brushed DC cooling fan and aluminum motor brackets prevents the machine from over heating.
2. VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor
VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor comes with 12 Volt operated system which allows you to inflate your car’s tires very quickly at 150 PSI max working pressure. Therefore, it should be considered to be the best 12v air compressor for off road on board. But you have to make sure that the engine of the car is running while operating the machine.
The air compressor also comes with a 25 feet air hose which enables you to inflate the tires from long distance. 150 PSI maximum working pressure enables you to inflate the tires so fast at 33% duty cycle. It comes with a 5-in-1 inflator and deflator open ended air hose which allows you to do both job with 120 PSI gauge.
A heavy duty sand tray comes with the machine in order to isolate the vibration at the time of operating the machine. But you have to make sure that you have turned the unit off to get the accurate pressure reading at the time of the air flow into the tire.
VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor Features:
- The air compressor comes with a 12 volt operated motor which allows you to inflate the tires of your car at 150 PSI max working pressure.
- It provides 2.3 CFM free flow at 0 PSI and the 25 feet long air hose of the machine comes to help you inflate the tires from long distance.
- The machine ensures 150 PSI maximum air pressure to inflate very fast at 33% duty cycle which is enough to do the work for you.
- Its direct heavy duty dual battery clamps allows you to attach the machine on board your car with 40 amp inline fuse.
- The anti-vibration sand tray comes with the carry case which allows you to minimize the vibration of the machine at the time of operation.
3. VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor – 30033
VIAIR Portable Compressor comes with universal fit which allows you to fit any types of transportation including your cars. The air compressor has a 150 PSI rating which is capable of inflating your car’s tires within a few minutes. It can inflate up to 33 inch tires comfortably. All you need to do is just clamp the power leads to your car’s battery.
At the time of inflating the tires, you can monitor the air pressure with 5-in-1 inflator and deflator inline pressure gauge. Its 12 volt motor allows you to inflate the tires of your car very fast and the motor of the air pressure is permanent magnetic.
The air compressor provides maximum 150 PSI air pressure on working pressure and 100 33% at 100 PSI maximum duty cycle which is capable of inflating the tires pretty fast.
VIAIR Portable Compressor Features:
- 12 volt motor of the air compressor comes to help you inflate your car’s tires very fast while you are an off road trip.
- 150 PSI maximum working pressure of the air compressor allows you to inflate the tires of your car within a few minutes.
- You can continuously use the air compressor for 40 minutes at 30 PSI at 72 degree Fahrenheit which is pretty fast.
- It comes with a 5-in-1 inflator and deflator inline pressure gauge which allows you to examine the air pressure of the tires.
- A durable carry case with 25 feet long air hose comes with the machine to allow you to inflate from long distance.
4. California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Light & Quiet Portable Air Compressor, Silver
California Air compressor comes with ultra quiet feature which does not produce much noise at the time of operating the machine and it just can produce only 56 decibels which is not harmful for you. It comes with oil-free pump feature which enables you to spend less for its maintenance and costs.
The best portable air compressor for tires is easy to carry because it is lightweight and its weight is only 29.5 pounds. Therefore, you can carry the air compressor on board your car comfortably. Its 1.0 gallon steel tank is sturdy and durable and allows you to inflate your car’s tires very fast.
The air compressor comes with a powerful 0.6 HP motor which allows you to inflate the tires at 1.20 CFM and 90 PSI which is way faster than other air compressors out there in the market. Not only that the maximum weight of the machine is only 29.5 pounds which is lightweight to carry.
California Air compressor Features:
- The air compressor comes with ultra quiet technology which produces less noise which is only 56 decibels, not harmful for you.
- The compressor being oil-free pump, you don’t require huge maintenance, therefore, it saves you costs too.
- It is lightweight and only 29.5 lbs which allows you to carry the air compressor on board your car anywhere you want.
- The machine comes with a 1.0 gallon steel tank which is durable and allows you to inflate your car’s tires very fast.
- California air compressor comes with a powerful 0.6 HP motor which enables you to inflate at 1.20 CFM at 90 PSI.
5. Smittybilt 2780 2.54 CFM Universal Air Compressor
Smittybilt Universal Air Compressor comes with auto-thermal cutoff switch which protects the motor of the air compressor against any damage. While operating or inflating tires with the air compressor, it sometimes, gets overheated, therefore, there is a chance to damage the machine. But its auto-thermal feature helps the machine from damage. The Best budget Air Compressor is not pricey but does everything for you.
The air compressor comes with maximum continuous duty time which is 40 minutes at 75 degree Fahrenheit and at 40 PSI. You can inflate the tires of your car within a few minutes with its maximum airflow and it is 72 liters per minute!
The anti-vibration rubber feet of the air compressor prevents the machine from excessive vibration at the time of operating the machine for inflating tires. Its easy twist screw on brass inflator top allows you to easily turn on and off them.
Smittybilt Universal Air Compressor Features:
- The air compressor comes with built-on cleanable air filter which enables the machine to clean the air ways well.
- The maximum airflow of the air compressor is 72 liters per minute which is enough to inflate the tires of the car.
- It comes with a 13.8 volt motor which helps you to inflate the tires of the cars and any vehicles within a few minutes.
- With 150 maximum PSI, the air compressor can inflate the tires fast and it is at 140 degree Fahrenheit.
- It can inflate your car’s tires within a few minutes at 40 PSI at the temperature on 72 degree Fahrenheit.
6. Slime 40026 2X Heavy Duty Direct Drive Tire Inflator
Slime Heavy Duty Tire Inflator is the top rated off road air compressors which can inflate standard car tire within 2 minutes only. It comes with dual cylinder inflator which provides you the maximum power inflation. For the maximum power, you can directly connect the inflator to the battery of your car.
Though the air compressor can inflate a standard car tire within 2 minutes, it does not produce much noise because it is super quiet. At the time of operating the air compressor, the machine sometimes gets overheated. But the thermal break of the machine prevent the air compressor from any damage even at 90 degree centigrade.
At night and dark, it becomes difficult to inflate a car’s tires. Therefore, the air compressor comes with a bright LED light which illuminates your night-time emergencies to pursue your work of inflating the tires. For monitoring the tire pressure, it comes with the 2X heavy duty tire inflator with an inline dial gauge.
Slime Heavy Duty Tire Inflator Features:
- Within just 2 minutes, you can inflate your flat tires with the heavy duty tire inflator’s dual piston motors.
- The air compressor comes with a dual cylinder inflator which allows you to inflate the tires for maximum power inflation.
- By connecting the direct drive inflator, you can inflate the tires of your car to the battery of your car directly for maximum power.
- It comes with a 30 feet total reach hose which enables you to inflate the tires from long distance and the dual gauge in-line of the hose allows you to monitor.
- The air compressor also comes with a bright LED light which enables you to inflate your car’s tires at night and dark.
What To Consider Before Buying A Off Road Air Compressor?
Before buying an off road air compressor, you need to consider different things. Otherwise, you will end up purchasing one that might not suit you. Don’t worry, in this article, we are going to tell you the exact things you need to know before buying the best off road air compressor. So, let’s get started!
Pounds Per Square Inch (PSI)
The higher the PSI, the faster you can inflate your car’s tires. Depending on your requirements, you will find different air compressor providing different PSI. You have to choose one that can fulfill your needs. At least 72 PSI is enough for your car to inflate the tires. Also, you can buy one having a 150 PSI which is faster in inflating your car’s tires.
Another important thing you have to consider before buying an air compressor is the size of the tank and its build. You’ll need to consider whether your compressor will be utilized for little, family unit undertakings or greater assignments like substantial car work and enormous scope rebuilding. Tank size is truly straight-forward, the greater the thank, the more air it folds.
While operating the air compressor to inflate your car’s tires, it produce noise. But you have to make sure your air compressor does not produce too much noise which may be harmful for you and the environment. 56 decibels should be enough to consider before buying an air compressor to inflate your car’s flat tires while you are off road.
Consider the weight
As you are going to use the air compressor as a portable option to fulfill your requirements, it should be lighter. Otherwise, it would be difficult for you to carry on board your car to inflate these tires. The bigger your air compressor will be, the louder it creates noise. So, make sure you have purchase a lightweight air compressor that is easy to carry with you while you are on a trip.
An air compressor needs to be durable and at the same time sturdy. As you have to spend your hard-earned cash for the purchase and it is not scanty, you have to consider its build and durability. The tank of the air compressor should be build with aluminum, therefore, it becomes lightweight as well as durable. It never develop rust even you use the air compressor in the rain or rough weather.
Note: Apart from the article about the related topic, we have also published another one on air compressor buying guide you should check it out.
Why Should You Buy a Off Road Air Compressor?
You should buy an off road air compressor for many reasons. First of all, you will not find any mechanic shop while you are off road to mend your car. Therefore, an air compressor should be the best solution for fixing the car’s flat tires.
- It will enable you to inflate the car’s tires very fast as the compressor has powerful motor which may be 12 to 13.8 volt.
- It eliminates the need of finding a mechanic shop, therefore, you can inflate your car’s tires yourself without needing any help.
- The maximum 150 PSI of the air compressor allows you to inflate your car’s flat tires very fast at any temperature.
- Being lightweight, an air compressor is very convenient to carry on board your car so that you can utilize it in time.
- Most air compressor needs less maintenance and cost, therefore it should be the best option left for you to inflate the flat tires.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may still have some questions in your mind, right? That’s why; we are going to answer some frequently asked questions. Maybe, you have the same question in your mind and you will get the answers as well from below.
How long will air compressor last?
Most air compressor are highly durable and sturdy tool. Therefore, an air compressor may last up to 20 years to 30 years or more.
Is it safe to run an air compressor inside?
For the safety first option, you should not run an air compressor inside your car. While operating the machine, you should run it outside the car for better safety.
Is it safe to leave an air compressor on?
No, because as it is an electronic device, it can cause any accident at any time. So, you should be careful!
Can air compressor inflate tires?
Of course, an air compressor inflates tires. While you are going on an off road trip, it should come in handy to inflate your car’s tires.
What size air compressor do I need for car tires?
It depends on your requirements. Also, the bigger the size, the louder it should be. So, consider a few things before purchasing an air compressor.
All the air compressors we have mentioned here are worth purchasing because of their necessary features and benefits. Still having difficulties finding the best off road air compressor that will fulfill your requirements? Well, let’s do the hard work for you.
We recommend you to purchase California Air compressor. Because it can inflate your car’s flat tires very fast without producing much noise. It is quiet and just produce 56 decibels. Not only that the air compressor requires less maintenance and cost due to its oil-free pump. Its 0.6 HP motor enables you to inflate at 1.20 CFM at 90 PSI.