If you have a boat, you must load it and unload it from your trailer, which is quite tasking. To make the task a bit lighter, you need a reliable trailer to make the loading and unloading experience a bit smoother. Having the best electric winch for boat trailer makes it easy to load and offload your boat from the trailer.
An electric winch for a boat trailer makes your adventure in water more fun and exciting. This is because of the assurance of having a tool that aids you in handling your boat when you need to get it on and off the trailer. It will make your life easier, thus the need to invest in it.
Are Electric Winches Better Than Manual Winches?
A winch is a vital tool because it can get your vehicle out of a sticky situation. This mechanical device is quite beneficial because of the many tasks it can help you with. Electric and manual winches are the two available winches that come in very handy. Electric winches are indeed the best because when using one, you stand from the operation.
For an electric winch to work, you need a power source, which is not the case with a manual winch that requires manual operation. You don’t have to rely on your strength when using an electric winch, making it an essential tool. It also ensures a safe working environment and guarantees easy execution of tasks. An electric winch makes a better selection than a manual winch thanks to its effectiveness and efficiency.
Table of Content:
- 5 Best Electric Winches for Boat Trailer Reviews 2021
- 1. Bravex Electric Winch, Reversible Portable 12-Volt DC Electric Winch Boat Trailer
- 2. Megaflint Trailer Winch, Reversible Electric Winch
- 3. Dutton-Lainson Company SA12015AC 120 Volt/2700 lbs/4000 lbs
- 4. Hantun Trailer Winch, Reversible Electric Winch, for Boats up to 6000 lbs 12V DC
- 5. RUGCEL WINCH Waterproof IP68 Electric Winch with Hawse Fairlead
- What Size of Winch Do I Need For My Boat Trailer?
- Benefits of Using an Electric Winch for Boat Trailer
5 Best Electric Winches for Boat Trailer Reviews 2021
It is not an easy task hauling your boat off the trailer and loading it back regularly. You must have the best electric winch for boat trailer to ease the task. To help you choose a winch for your trailer boat, we will outline the top five best electric winches in the market for boat trailers. That way, you will have a clue on the ideal electric winch to choose for a boat trailer.
1. Bravex Electric Winch, Reversible Portable 12-Volt DC Electric Winch Boat Trailer
The Bravex trailer winch features a 12-volt DC boosted power to the motor to deliver the best boat winching performance. It is easy to carry around and portable making it the best portable electric winch. You will love its dual-direction electric winching feature that gives you control when undertaking the spooling and pulling operation.
This winch is equipped with an exceptional electric automatic braking system for safety precautions. It comes with a galvanized steel cable that can take up the weight of 2,000 pounds pulling capacity. A low noise design is instilled in this electric winch reassures noise-free operation mode.
You will love the corded remote-control feature of this bravex electric winch that aids in operation when you are at a distance from the winch. That way, you will have a fuller sight of the unit as it goes into the trailer. This is a convenient electric winch that delivers an exceptional performance with every pull.
Bravex Electric Winch Features:
- An electric winch with a robust power motor that guarantees unproblematic winching operation.
- The Bravex trailer winch features dual direction electric winching that gives enough power for pulling and spooling.
- It comes with an electric automatic braking system that ensures safety during the winching process.
- The galvanized steel cabled featured on this electric winch makes it possible to withstand up to 6,000 pounds pulling capacity.
- This electric winch has a low noise design, which gives an assurance of noise-free operation mode.
2. Megaflint Trailer Winch, Reversible Electric Winch
To make the Megaflint trailer commence its operation, connect it to a 12V battery with power in and out. The 12v electric boat trailer winch comes with a high winching power that can accommodate up to 6000 lbs. winching capability. This winch has a dual-mode operation; the electric and manual can easily switch from electric mode to a hands-on process.
The low noise design incorporated in this reversible electric winch makes it easy to operate with minimal ratcheting noise. The galvanized steel cable with a hook comes in handy for additional safety. It comes with a dynamic brake and a mechanical friction brake for freewheel operation.
This is the best winch for boat trailer because it was designed for boats and corded remote control for versatility. Its 16 ft. power cord is ideal for a winch in a boat, truck, car, and even trailer. This provides a dependable and steady pulling operation at all times.
Megaflint Trailer Winch Features:
- This Megaflint trailer features an exceptional 30% winching power that can bear up to 6000 lbs. trailer winches.
- The winch trailer is equipped with a dynamic brake and mechanical friction brake that delivers a freewheel operation.
- It comes with a galvanized steel cable with a hook that works well for additional safety.
- The dual-mode operation featured on these winch trailers enables you to switch from electrical to manual mode with ease.
- It has a low noise design that ensures that you run your operation with minimal noise operation.
3. Dutton-Lainson Company SA12015AC 120 Volt/2700 lbs/4000 lbs
This is a quality winch to invest in that features a two-speed setting, enabling you to choose from low or normal gear. With a single line load capacity, this electric winch can handle a pulling capacity of 2500 pounds. If you have an average-sized boat, this electric winch is perfect for you making it a good investment.
With this heavy-duty electric boat trailer winch, you can handle a double line operation. This means you can use a pulley block and second hook, maximizing capacity to 4000 pounds. It also comes with a 7/32-inch x 50 feet aircraft cable and hooks making it easy for you when pulling.
If you are looking for the best winch on the market, go for the Dutton-Lainson Company electric winch due to its ease of use. Its 10-foot cord guarantees reliability during operation because of the long cord. It also comes with an inbuilt remote control that you can use to carry out operations from a distance.
Dutton-Lainson Company Features:
- This electric winch features 2700 pounds single line load capacity, which is suitable when pulling.
- This winch’s double line operation uses a pulley block and a second hook to increase capacity.
- It is equipped with an installed remote control that you can use for your operations from a distance.
- An electric winch with a 10-foot cord ensures that you can handle all tasks with ease with a long cord.
- A 7/32-inch x 50 feet aircraft cable and hook are provided by this electric winch that makes pulling and installing relatively easy.
4. Hantun Trailer Winch, Reversible Electric Winch, for Boats up to 6000 lbs 12V DC
The Hantun Trailer Winch features a powerful Motor Design with a 30% higher winching power than a standard 6000 lbs. trailer winch. It also features power-in, power-out freewheel operations making it quite exceptional. This reversible electric winch has a dynamic brake and mechanical friction brake to accommodate a boat weight of 5,000 lbs.
This is an electric winch with remote corded control enabling you to operate from a distance giving control for a 10 feet lead. It is portable, having an inbuilt carry cable that eases transportation for movements made from one place to another. A rapid mount bracket for trailer hitch ball is also available to ease with operations and a 16 ft. power cord that can be used on boats and trucks, cars, and trailers.
The upgraded design of this winch offers dual-direction electric winching meant for pulling and spooling. Its dual operation makes it the best winch for the money because it can be used for electric and manual winching. The hand crank winch model comes in quite handy during an emergency.
Hantun Trailer Winch Features:
- A reversible electric winch having a dynamic brake and mechanical friction brake that can take up a boat weight of 6,000 lbs.
- It is a portable electric winch with an inbuilt carry cable that makes it easy to transport from one place to another.
- The Hantun trailer features a rapid mount bracket for trailer hitch ball that is meant to ease operations.
- This electric winch is designed with a 16 ft. power cord long enough to be used on trucks, trailers, boats, and cars.
- It comes with dual operation meaning it can be used electric and manual winching; you can easily switch operations from one mode to the other.
5. RUGCEL WINCH Waterproof IP68 Electric Winch with Hawse Fairlead
What makes the RUGCEL WINCH outstanding is its waterproof features. No matter how harsh the weather is, it cannot affect this electric winch trailer making it the best waterproof electric winch. The fact that it is made out of stainless steel makes it quite resistant to moisture and corrosion, so it is the best waterproof winch. This winch comes with a unique design for a boat, utility trailers, and modified vehicles, meaning it can handle them all.
You will love its viciously pulling powerful combination that works exceptionally well to get you out of a critical circumstance. Its dual-mode operation works remarkably well to work hand in hand with wired and wireless functions. Apart from that, this electric winch is equipped with mechanical and dynamic brakes to ensure control as you continue winching. The three-stage planetary gear system works exceptionally well to ensure smooth operation is enhanced with a free spooling clutch.
The versatile winch from RUGCEL WINCH is constructed with a permanent magnet motor having a low amp, which is protected by a circuit breaker. This makes it deliver dependable performance having a 3500-LB pull rating. It also features a steel wired rope of a 50-feet radius that makes it possible to handle any winching task without challenges. You can operate this electric winch from any distance or position thanks to its wireless remote and antenna operation.
RUGCEL WINCH Waterproof Features:
- This electric winch can operate from any distance due to its wireless remote and antenna, making it quite convenient.
- The RUGCEL WINCH 3500 lbs. rated capacity is meant to ensure efficient and smooth operation delivering dependable operation.
- It features dual-mode operation that works well with a wired and wireless function enabling you to switch easily from electric to manual mode.
- A steel wired rope of 50-feet radius is featured in this electric winch enabling you to handle winching tasks without challenges.
- It is an electric winch equipped with mechanical and dynamic brakes that gives you optimum control when winching.
What Size of Winch Do I Need For My Boat Trailer?
The winch’s size for your boat trailer should be at least a 3/4 rating capacity of your boat’s weight. Where you launch your boat also determines the size of the winch for high-performance operation. You require a spool with a capacity to accommodate up to 50 feet of the cable having a snap at the end.
The size of the winch determines the winching capacity and the amount of weight it can pull. Therefore, you need a size that is heavier than your boat to ensure that it functions properly. Your boat weight should be able to be accommodated by the size of the winch you choose. The bottom line is, consider getting a winch size whose capacity exceeds the weight of your boat; that is the thumb rule.
Benefits of Using an Electric Winch for Boat Trailer
An electric boat trailer winch is meant to offload your boat from the trailer into the water and place it back onto your trailer. This is not an easy process and requires a lot of labor to accomplish, especially if you don’t have a winch. An electric winch comes with many benefits, making it easy for you to handle your boat much easier.
One of the most significant benefits of an electric winch is the ease of installation. This winch operates from an existing motor; that is why installing it is easy. You don’t need to have additional equipment when installing an electric winch; all you have to do is hook the winch to the motor, and you are good to go.
Most people prefer electric winch because of its efficiency and fast operation. It has adequate power to load and offload your boat from the trailer without any complication. Due to its efficiency, an electric winch has better performance and uses minimal effort.
You can transfer this winch to another boat quickly. To make this happen, reinstall the winch and connect it to the other boat. You will realize that it is not complicated to reinstall an electric winch compare to a hydraulic winch that is quite complicated when installing.
Even though the initial cost of purchasing an electric winch may be high, it is more affordable to have it in the long run. Compared to other winches, an electric winch has minimal operating costs. This means you will not incur any further costs once you have this winch making it quite economical. You will also note that electric winches come in different designs and varieties that can suit your budget. Meaning no matter the amount you have, you can still find a good electric winch that suits your needs.
An electric winch is excellent because it produces less noise during operation. This ensures that no disruption is caused, making every other thing around you run smoothly. The quiet mode of operation of an electric winch makes it one of the market’s sought-after winches.
This winch ensures safety because it comes with features that enable you to operate well without harming. Precaution safety is installed on an electric winch to keep you safe when operating on your boat. The risk of having an accident when using an electric winch is minimized, ensuring no hull damage.
The importance of having the best electric winch for boat trailer cannot be overemphasized. It ensures that you don’t keep worrying about loading and unloading the boat from the trailer, a task that can be quite frustrating. This equipment is a valuable investment, and with proper maintenance, it can serve you for many years.
The best electric winch for boat trailer is the RUGCEL WINCH Waterproof IP68 Electric Winch. What makes it outstanding is its waterproof features making it withstand any weather condition. It also comes with vicious pulling power and dual-mode operation having mechanical and dynamic brakes. The steel wired rope of a 50-feet radius enables you to winch efficiently without challenges.