Adequate power is required if winching is carried out without any hitches because winching is not an easy task. You will be amazed by the amount of current pulled from the car’s battery that can quickly drain or even kill the battery in a single winching task.
That is why you need to have the best battery for winching to provide you with a constant current that your winch needs to have. The battery should be top-performing so that power keeps on flowing steadily till the job is completely done. Note that if the winch battery is not strong enough, you will not have enough winch capacity. Therefore, it is essential to scout for the right battery for winching that will not end up disappointing you in the long run.
What Kind Of Battery For A Winch?
A winch requires a battery that is full of power for an operation to take place. Winch needs a high-power battery to operate. A battery that is not robust will not have the capacity to supply the right amount of power for enough winching to be done. You, therefore, need an excellent battery for the winching job. To achieve remarkable performance, you have to get a battery for winching that comes with a voltage of 12. It comes in highly recommended.
Table Of Content:
- 5 Best Battery For Winching Reviews 2020
- What To Consider Before Buying A Battery For Winching?
XS Power D6500 XS Series 12V 3,900 Amp AGM High Output Battery with M6 Terminal Bolt
Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery
ACDelco 48AGM Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 48 Battery
Optima Batteries 8025-160 25 RedTop Starting Battery
Odyssey PC680 Battery
5 Best Battery For Winching Reviews 2020
This review will discuss the five-best battery for winching brands that have outstanding reviews due to their top performance. These batteries come in highly recommended among vehicle owners due to their durability and winching efficiency. With the information provided, you will get the best battery for winching that suits your needs in terms of expectations.
1. XS Power D6500 XS Series 12V 3,900 Amp AGM High Output Battery with M6 Terminal Bolt
XS Power has been the leading brand in the battery business, coming with an extensive selection of volt batteries. The selection ranges from 12-pound 12 Volt batteries to 14 Volt batteries as well as 30-pound 16 Volt batteries. These batteries are tested from dirt track to 300-plus MPH salt flat cars, not forgetting that XS Power is the only model with racing batteries.
This battery performs exceptionally well in bad weather hence will do an exceptional job for winching. The Absorbed Glass Mat in this model gives it high figures due to its design, which makes the electrolyte present in fiberglass spill-proof. This is what ensures Ultra-low internal resistance of this battery.
This is the best battery for running a winch that can be mounted in any position due to its AGM technology. It is not just spill-proof, but it is also valve-regulated, making it the ideal battery that gives you value for your money. XS Power is an exceptional battery for winching that will serve you for a long time because of its durability.
XS Power D6500 Features:
- XS Power features a vast selection of battery that ranges from 12-pound 12 Volt batteries to 30-pound 16 Volt batteries.
- This model is perfect for racing because it has been tested to handle all kinds of racing, from drag racing to dirt track.
- It has AGM batteries, which is the top form of energy density chemistry ideal for any competition.
- It comes with an Absorbed Glass Mat that gives this model high figures.
- The XS Power features fiberglass spill-proof that ensures Ultra-low internal resistance of this battery.
2. Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery
The YellowTop batteries are one of the best batteries that come with high power storage and supply. This battery has a 120 minutes reservation capacity for continuous performance when winching. This 12 Volt battery cannot disappoint even during bad weather because they have ultimate starting power.
With Optima batteries, you can handle quickly off-road situation winching jobs, which tend to be quite common. This is because they are reliable batteries that are also dependable in tackling the task at hand. If you want to take care of winching jobs without a hitch, then consider the Optima batteries.
With this battery, you get fifteen times vibration-proof that ensure performance even during the harshest weather. This dual-purpose battery is of top-notch quality, having been designed with Polypropylene material. It is also constructed with the best security and comes in at 36.4 pounds in weight, which is quite light for a battery.
Optima Batteries 8014 Features:
- The Optima batteries have a 120 reservation capacity that ensures meant for constant performance when winching.
- It features optimal starting power that helps you get through a winching job no matter how bad the weather is.
- This YellowTop battery has fifteen times of vibration resistance that ensure durability.
- With this model, you will enjoy a reservation capacity of 120 minutes that ensure continuous performance.
- It is a durable battery, having been designed with Polypropylene material that is of high quality.
3. ACDelco 48AGM Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 48 Battery
The ACDelco Professional Automotive AGM Batteries are highly recommended for cycling due to their remarkable capabilities. They are charge-receptive and comes with Absorbed Glass Mat that is designed to be spill-proof. This is because the electrolyte is durably held in the glass mat separator rather than flow freely within each cell.
The Calcium lead positive grid causes low internal resistance of this battery, which maximizes conductivity that lowers resistance hence no energy wastage. These batteries have a long-life expectancy as well as maintenance-free performance; thus, you can be assured that they will serve you for a long time. The Oxygen recombination in this battery works to minimize water loss owing to maintained pressure present on the plates meant to reduce the quantity of active mass lost from the grid.
You will find a reliable envelope separator that has a puncture-resistant back that prolongs acid circulation. With enhanced acid circulation, you will not encounter any shorts when undertaking a winching job. The Silver Calcium stamped alloy improves the battery’s cycle life while the Vent cap design works to prevent acid leakage.
ACDelco 48AGM Features:
- The ACDelco battery features a high-density negative paste that works to enhance performance and extend battery life.
- It has a Calcium lead positive grid that increases conductivity while also permitting low resistance.
- This battery features a sturdy envelope separator that has a puncture-resistant back, essential for acid circulation.
- The Oxygen recombination featured in this battery acts as a means of minimizing water loss.
- The Vent cap design on this model acts as a means of preventing acid leakage.
4. Optima Batteries 8025-160 25 RedTop Starting Battery
You will love the Optima 25 RedTop battery to produce top power, especially during adverse weather conditions. This is in addition to a reserve capacity of up to 90 minutes that ensures consistent performance resulting in three times longer life. The Optima batteries also boast of being leak-proof with exceptional starting ability as well as outstanding high power.
This battery features a unique SpiralCell design, which is a source of clean, strong power. With this, you can be assured that your safety and that of your family are taken care of. It also features a higher reserve capacity that works to deliver a long shelf-life, meaning you will always be provided with power anytime you need it.
Optima batteries offer 0.003 internal resistance that comes with exceptional starting power even during harsh weather. The batteries are designed with up to fifteen times resistance to vibration paramount for durability. This starting battery features a 12-voltage designed for vehicles supporting winching.
Optima Batteries 8025 Features:
- The Optima batteries come with a unique SpiralCell design for a clean and robust power source.
- This battery comes with fifteen times vibration resistance that ensures durability.
- It features a 90 minutes reserve capacity that ensures a long shelf-life to act as a power source supply anytime you need it.
- This RedTop battery has an optimal starting power ability to enable the battery to perform in the harshest weather.
- It also features leak-proof functionality that ensures great starting ability.
5. Odyssey PC680 Battery
The ODYSSEY battery is ruggedly constructed to handle continuous pounding that takes place during winching. Its fast recharge efficiency beats every other battery for winching on the market. This battery fully charges within 6 hours, delivering a long life cycle.
It is a battery with vibration resistance meant to offer protection from mechanical vibration. The pure virgin lead plates that are packed tightly together provide a wide surface area essential during winching. The non-spillable AGM (absorbed glass mat) design protects the battery from shock and accidental acid spills.
This battery is designed with a high integrity terminal seal and a safety relief valve per cell intercell connections that avert vibration damage. The ODYSSEY batteries typically come packed with 15 percentage extra plate surface area into the case. It also comes with six-pack designs that enable this battery to bring out more power.
Odyssey PC680 Features:
- ODYSSEY Batteries come with rugged construction that enables it to take up the continuous pounding.
- This battery has virgin pure lead plates that protect it from vibration.
- It also comes with AGM (absorbed glass mat) design that offers extra power for winching.
- The ODYSSEY Batteries features a safety relief valve per cell that avoids vibration damage.
- This model also comes with six-pack designs that avoid the dead space amid cylinders to deliver extra power.
What To Consider Before Buying A Battery For Winching?
Before buying a battery for winching, there are various factors to consider to buy the best one. What is important to note is the best battery for winching must be strong and not weak to deliver more power for exceptional performance. Some of the factors to consider include;
When buying a battery for winching, you need to check how compatible the brand is with your vehicle. The battery should exactly match your vehicle and winch because not all brands match every vehicle. Choose one with a small size so that it fits into your car with ease without the need for adjustments.
Go for a battery that is durable enough to serve your vehicle for a long time. Note that with a long-lasting battery, you ensure that vibrations do not affect your battery’s life. An excellent battery for winching should be durable to withstand any weather. A durable battery will be a great value for your money because it will be worth it even if you spend more on it.
Recharge time and voltage
A good battery for winching is one that does not take long to recharge. It should take the shortest time possible and still maintain that power. The voltage and recharge time of a battery is critical, for it determines the battery’s lifespan. A battery for winching that keeps on draining off power is not ideal for a winching task. With a battery that charges fast and keeps enough power, it means that you can complete your winching task without keeping on recharging your battery.
Various brands of battery for winching cost differently depending on the brand and model. Quality brands may cost a little bit higher because of their extra features. This, however, should not make you adjust your budget if you are not planning to spend much. There are a lot of available models that can suit the money you wish to spend. So, as you shop for a battery for winching, look at the cost and choose one with the right features yet cost-friendly.
Go for a battery that does not require time and time again maintenance. Purchase a battery that is maintenance-free so that it can save you a lot of time. You will also be at peace knowing that your battery is well maintained, hence preventing the battery’s frustration all the time.
Why Should You Buy A Battery For Winching?
Several advantages should make you buy a battery for wincing. Some of them include:
- A battery for winching is quite powerful that it handles all your winching requirements to your satisfaction.
- With this battery, you will not have difficulties working even in bad weather because it is designed to handle harsh weather conditions.
- This is a great battery that enables your vehicle to withstand vibrations, especially for the rough off-roading trucks.
- With this high-power battery, you end up having a sufficient power supply that ensures that winching is carried out flawlessly.
- The technology of the best battery for winching delivers enough storing power that can be reserved for use later.
- The battery is lightweight; hence you will not have to use a lot of energy when carrying out your munching task.
These are some of the advantages of having a battery for winching. You can now choose to buy the ideal battery for winching from our review on the best battery for winching.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you run a winch off a deep cycle battery?
Unfortunately, deep cycle batteries are made to be used for winching. This is because winching requires a lot of constant power, which cannot be delivered by a deep cycle battery.
- How long will a winch run on a battery?
A winch can run on a battery for a long time because a winch takes up high current on a battery.
- Can a battery charger power a winch?
A battery charger can power a winch and keeping it running till a winching task is completed.
- Do I need 2 batteries for a winch?
Yes, because anytime you are winching, especially for the first time, you need to link two batteries so that the winch draws more power to run for extended winching periods.
- Should a winch be fused?
It is not necessary to fuse a winch because the winch will draw the battery dry when fully loaded without causing any damage.
Here Is A Video guide To Help You In Choosing The Right battery for winching
It is important to note that winching requires a high-power battery to operate and run efficiently. Without enough and constant power supply winching cannot operate effectively hence slowing down the job. Therefore, you need the best battery for winching to keep your job running not just for starting power but also to ensure that energy for winching does not get drained.
I highly give the thumbs to the ACDelco 48AGM Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 48 Battery as the best battery for winching. This model is charge-receptive that also comes with an Absorbed Glass Mat designed to be spill-proof. What is outstanding is the Calcium lead positive grid that minimizes the internal resistance of this battery. These batteries also have a long lifespan, meaning it will serve you for a long time. Outstandingly, the Oxygen recombination in this battery prevents water loss due to the pressure maintained during winching.