Are you finding difficulties configuring out where the problem is in your car? You may be going to miss out an urgent meeting without your car. But you can fix or at least diagnose your car’s issues if you have a diagnostic scanner. Yes, a diagnosis scanner will allow you to figure out where the problem is.
So, it does not matter whether you are an expert mechanic or an fresher but you require the best automotive diagnostic scanner. It will save you from spending expensive diagnostic fees. It will help you troubleshoot many system and features of your car.
Table of content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our selected automotive diagnostic scanners. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- 7 Best Automotive Diagnostic Scanners Reviews 2020
- 1. Autel Scanner Maxisys MS906 Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tool
- 2. FOXWELL NT624 Elite OBD2 Scanner Automotive All Systems
- 3. LAUNCH Scan Tool CRP129X OBD2 Scanner Automotive Code Reader
- 4. FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner for BMW Automotive
- 5. ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Automotive
- 6. TryAce OBD2 Scanner,OBDII Auto Diagnostic Code Scanner Universal Vehicle
- 7. NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner Check Engine Light Car
- What To Consider Before Buying A Automotive Diagnostic Scanners?
After selecting the 7 best automotive diagnostic scanners, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand.
Autel Scanner Maxisys MS906 Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tool
FOXWELL NT624 Elite OBD2 Scanner Automotive All Systems
LAUNCH Scan Tool CRP129X OBD2 Scanner Automotive Code Reader
FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner for BMW Automotive
ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Automotive
TryAce OBD2 Scanner,OBDII Auto Diagnostic Code Scanner Universal Vehicle
NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner Check Engine Light Car
7 Best Automotive Diagnostic Scanners Reviews 2020
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough experience in reviewing these diagnostic tools here.
1. Autel Scanner Maxisys MS906 Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tool
Autel Scanner Maxisys Diagnostic Scanner comes with active test support which allows you to input your commands to check it integrity of your car’s system in the ECU and other parts. It can therefore, monitor your vehicle’s different components including door controls, windows, engine fans, idle control etc so that you can get accurate information of them.
The device comes with 22 beneficial functions which saves your time as well as money because these functions are reliable, powerful and super fast as well. With these functions include EPB, IMMO keys, TPMS, BMS, Suspension, DPF, WIN DR ROOF, Injector, SAS, Throttle, Oil Reset, SEATS, Odometer, Lang change, Brake bleed, Headlamp, TEC learn, CHG tire SIZE.
With the best diagnostic scanner for all cars, you can access your vehicle’s full system diagnostics such as Body, Chasis, Engine, Transmission, Electronic, SRS, ABS etc. You can also change the program option of the ECU coding that is already comes with the software. But you have to make sure that the ECU coding may not support with all vehicles. It is based on the Android operating system, therefore, it becomes very fast and can cover of OE-level diagnostics.
Autel Scanner Maxisys Diagnostic Scanner Features:
- The automotive diagnostic scanner is ideal for DIY auto mechanics as well as professional mechanics. Because it comes with the best features that suit both.
- MS906 comes with an extensive coverage of most vehicles for US, Asian and Europe including Acura, Alfa, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Chevrolet and so forth.
- It is very fast in its action, meaning that it comes with high-performance hardware and powerful advanced diagnostic software.
- The device comes with Active Test feature which benefits you to input commands into the ECU to check the integrity of the vehicle’s engine and other parts.
- Its ECU coding enables you to access full system diagnostics including ABS, SRS, Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Electronic, Engine, Transmission, etc.
2. FOXWELL NT624 Elite OBD2 Scanner Automotive All Systems
FOXWELL Automotive Scanner comes with the purpose to meet your automotive diagnostic needs from DIY mechanics to professional one. It has all system diagnosis and two common reset services including EPB service and Oil Reset. It allows you to examine different system of the auto repair.
The device comes with comprehensive coverage which enables you to diagnosis all cars, minivans, SUVs, light duty truck, etc. It does not only provide you to read but also clear codes for Transmission, Engine, Airbag, ABS, BMS, TPS, DPF, DSC, DISA, TPMS, DME etc.
The automotive scanner comes with full OBD2 functions which supports all OBD II and EOBD car protocols. Also it has 10 OBD2 test modes which enables you to read error codes, live data, O2 monitor test, clear codes, EVAP test and other vehicle related information.
FOXWELL Automotive Scanner Features:
- The device comes with all system diagnostics along with two most popular reset services including EPB service and Oil reset function.
- This is the automotive scanner which enables you to use for the entry level mechanic to professional mechanic.
- It comes with comprehensive coverage that allows you to diagnosis for all SUVs, cars, light-duty trucks and so forth.
- The device can read and clear codes for Airbag, Engine, BMS, ABS, TPS, DPF, TPMS, DSC, DME, DISA etc and other electronic modules.
- Its special feature provides oil reset for more than 49 car makes and can activate and deactivate SBC and EPB system service.
3. LAUNCH Scan Tool CRP129X OBD2 Scanner Automotive Code Reader
LAUNCH Scan Tool comes with two reset services including TPMS and Throttle Body Reset. It large 5 inches touchable screen and keypad allows you to operate the device pretty well in comparison with other scan tools out there in the market. Also, the device comes with four system diagnosis feature which allows you to diagnosis engine, transmission, SRS and ABS.
It is also capable to test your car’s battery voltage. The device can read and clear diagnosis trouble codes, can show you live data stream. The code reader can cover five commonly used the most useful special reset which include TPMS, SAS, EPB and Oil reset. Not only that it can also read and reset the throttle of your car.
Moreover, you can effortlessly get the VIN easily with the Automatic Autovin Scan feature of the device for your car. With the best obd2 scanner with abs and srs tool, you can analyze all ten modes of OBDII functions including I/M readiness status, MIL turn off, Live data Graphing and much more. And, you can update the software of the device cost-free.
LAUNCH Scan Tool Features:
- The device comes with better operation with large five inches touchable screen and keypad which allows you to easily operate the device.
- It comes with two most commonly used reset services including TPMS and Throttle Body Reset which enables you to diagnosis the car well.
- It comes with four systems diagnosis which allows you to diagnosis engine, transmission, ABS and SRS .
- The battery voltage test helps you to monitor the car’s battery voltage at any time with the help of the touchable screen.
- The devices also has full OBD2 compliancy which supports all ten modes of OBDII functions including Live data graphing, I/M readiness status.
4. FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner for BMW Automotive
FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner comes with all functions which you can utilize in your hand. The device is capable of reading and then clearing trouble codes of transmission, ABS, SAS, EPB, DPF, DISA, DSC, SZL, TPMS, and supports body, chassis, powertrain. Not only that you can use it as universal OBD code reader to check engine light and erasing and clearing codes if necessary.
The device comes with advanced features for BMW. It can control brake deactivation, ABS activation, ABS bleeding and battery registration. Also, with the device, you can reset oil light service and engage points for transfer idle speed adjustment. The scanner comes with Bi-directional and active test operation to allow you to activate temporarily your vehicle’s system.
It also allows you to check electronic components such as switches, relays, sensors, actuators etc. After replacing and repairing any components, it allows you to recalibrate, adapt and configure these components easily. The BMW software that comes with the device allows you to use the diagnostic tool directly.
FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner Features:
- The scanner allows you to control all functions in your hand. It makes the device enable to read and erase the fault codes
- It is also a universal OBD code reader which allows you to check engine light, erasing and reading codes of the car.
- Brake deactivation, ABS activation, battery registration, ABS bleeding service interval reset etc are now available on the BMW features.
- The device comes with Bi-directional and Active test operation which allows you to control and activate your vehicle’s system and components.
- The scanner tool comes with BMW software which you can use the diagnostic tool directly for reading and erasing and controlling the car’s codes
5. ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Automotive
ANCEL Vehicle OBD2 Scanner is an enhanced four system diagnostic tools which comes to benefit you to detect any issue in your vehicles. It can perform full detection of your car including Transmission, SRS and ABS system testing. By reading the fault codes, the device can turn off the warning light. The scanner only supports cars that are from 2005 and above model for the transmission, abs and srs system testing.
The device comes with full OBDII diagnostic supports which benefits you to test with its advanced mode including live data streaming in graphic formats. The device is capable of reading and therefore can clear DTCs and also does smog tests including O2 sensor tests, I/M readiness and so forth which prevent you from worries of emission problems.
With the best budget car diagnostic scanner, you can read EVAP system test, retrieve vehicle information and freeze frame data too. Its add-on extra functions allows you to read the graph, record and replay data streams for AT, ABS, SRS and Engine. If you want to read the data streaming with various formats, it comes with added benefits of reading the data streaming system.
ANCEL Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Features:
- The scanner tool comes with enhanced four system diagnostic tools which allows you to diagnosis EOBD and OBD standard protocol.
- Also, the device can perform complete detection on your cars including ABS, Transmission and SRS to read and erase fault codes.
- Analyzing the fault codes, the device can turn off the warning light. It supports only from 2005 and latest for SRS, Transmission and ABS system testing.
- It comes with full OBDII diagnosis which has test modes with advanced mode 4. It has the capability to read and clear DTCs.
- The device has the coverage of 46 vehicle makers of the OBDII test and diagnosis.
6. TryAce OBD2 Scanner,OBDII Auto Diagnostic Code Scanner Universal Vehicle
TryAce OBD2 Scanner comes with powerful features to fulfill your requirements. For car owners, it should be a professional diagnostic scan tool which enables you to check OBDII and EOBD diagnostic function. The device can read and clear DTCs like other automotive scan tools out there in the market
The device comes with powerful compatibility which can work on most of the vehicles right now on the market including the manufacturing date from the year of 1996. It supports all OBDII protocols as well such as ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN.
The scan tool can scan fast and erase engine’s fault codes comfortably. The device comes with unique one-click I/M readiness status which is very fast to scan your vehicles engine’s integrity level. The scan tool enables you to monitor all your vehicle’s parts and status meeting the State Emission Monitor.
TryAce OBD2 Scanner Features:
- The device comes with powerful features to enable check your vehicle’s error codes and integrity of the engine.
- It also allows you for the diagnostic almost all OBDII and EOBD functions including read and clear DTCs.
- Its powerful compatibility helps you to work on most vehicles that are sold in the United States of America since the year 1996.
- The device can support all protocols including KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN.
- The scan tool has unique one-click I/M readiness status which allows you to check your car’s engine’s integrity very fast.
7. NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner Check Engine Light Car
NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner is one of the Best budget obd2 scanner for fault code reader. It comes with the feature to help you to check whether you car has any engine fault codes. Therefore, you can fix the error with the device. Not only that it can displays the error code definition and find out what has cause the problem and how to solve it as well.
The scan tool also comes with a car battery monitor which allows you to read the battery voltage on real time, therefore, you can get the actual data and fault definition with the device. To save your battery, it provides you with six warning tips so that you can maintain the battery of the car.
The device comes with 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic features which enable you to check any error of the car and its components. It helps you to view I/M readiness, data stream freeze frame data etc. Also, it can retrieve the auto vehicle information and O2 sensor of the device allows you to test the accurate bad O2 sensor.
NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner Features:
- The scan tool comes with OBDII scanner to help you check whether there is any fault in the car’s engine codes to fix it.
- The device can display the error code definition which enables you to figure out the error and therefore you can take necessary steps to fix them.
- The scan tool comes with Car Battery Monitor which allows you to read the real-time battery voltage and monitor the battery health status.
- It has 10 different modes OBDII diagnostic functions which include read and erase any fault code error of your car’s engine.
- The device comes with EVAP test function which allows you to find out if there is any leak in the vehicles EVAP system.
What To Consider Before Buying A Automotive Diagnostic Scanners?
Before buying an automotive diagnostic scanner, you have to consider a few essential things. Otherwise, you may lead to the wrong one which ultimately will not fulfill your requirements. In this article, we are going to describe these important things shortly but effectively so that you can get the best automotive diagnostic scanner for your needs.
The more features of your scan tool have, it is better. However, an OBD scanner should have the diagnostic part. Besides, reading and erasing as well as clearing the error codes should be the priority of a scanner tool. Among other features, you should consider its memory size, battery life, display, compatibility and so forth.
The compatibility of a scanner tool should be one of the best option for you to utilize the tool for checking the error codes and erasing them. Also, you need to have a device that is compatible with the OBDII scanner tool. Some scanner tools come with Bluetooth connectivity which enables you to connect the device to your mobile device.
As you have to buy a scanner tool for your car to check the issues and do accordingly so that you can run your vehicles pretty well without being worried, you need to invest in the right device which will best suit your requirements. In this case, these devices are not cheap.
All scanner tolls are not compatible with all version of vehicles. But in recent models, there are scanner tools which can work with any vehicles. But some manufacturers still may create these scanner tools which may not suit your car’s model. In the 1996 models, some scanner can only work with these vehicles sold in the USA.
There are many model and sizes out there in the market for the scanner tools. Depending on your requirements, you have to consider what should be the best for your needs. you ought to recognize the uniqueness between a code reader and a scanner. A reader shows the codes.
Note: Apart from this article, we have just covered a complete article on Automotive Diagnostic Scanners buying guide you can check it out.
Why Should You Buy a Automotive Diagnostic Scanners
You should buy an automotive diagnostic scanner if you own a car. You don’t have to go to the mechanic for simple issues of your cars.
- It will help you read, erase and clear error codes in the engine and therefore, you can fix the issues accordingly.
- You can use the device because it can detect any problem fast and analyze the issues displaying to you.
- You need the automotive scanner because it will allow you to oil reset, EPB, TPMS, Brake bleed, DPF, Injector and so forth.
- Most of the scanner tools are compatible with the most car models sold in the United States of America.
- It can diagnosis the full system and ECU coding including Body, Chassis, Electronic, Transmission, SRS, ABS and the like.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may still have some questions in your mind, right? That’s why; we are going to answer some frequently asked questions. Maybe, you have the same question in your mind and you will get the answers as well from below.
Are car diagnostics accurate?
In most cases, car diagnostics are accurate. Though there is a slight difference between testing with the scanner and a mechanic.
Can you rent a diagnostic machine?
Yes, from a professional mechanic, you can rent a diagnostic machine. If you need to rent one, you have to find it near you where a mechanic is available.
How long does it take for a diagnostic test on a car?
It is fast to diagnosis a car with the scanner tools. But if you want to diagnosis the full system, you may require at least 60 minutes.
All the automotive diagnostic scanner, we have mentioned earlier here are worth trying. These scanner tools will help you do the work. If you have problem finding one, let’s do the hard job for you. We recommend you to purchase Autel Scanner tool.
Because it can analyze the system of your car very fast. Not only that with the scanner tool, you can read, erase and clear the errors of your engines and then you can fix them. It is also compatible with almost all vehicles out there in the market right now.