Are you finding difficulties configuring out where the problem is in your car? You may be going to miss out on an urgent meeting without your car. But you can fix or at least diagnose your car’s issues if you have a diagnostic scanner. Yes, a diagnosis scanner will allow you to figure out where the problem is.
So, it does not matter whether you are an expert mechanic or a fresher, but you require the best automotive diagnostic scanner. It will save you from spending expensive diagnostic fees. It will help you troubleshoot many systems and features of your car.
Table of content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our selected automotive diagnostic scanners. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- 7 Best Automotive Diagnostic Scanners Reviews 2021
- 1. Autel Scanner Maxisys MS906 Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tool
- 2. FOXWELL NT624 Elite OBD2 Scanner Automotive All Systems
- 3. LAUNCH Scan Tool CRP129X OBD2 Scanner Automotive Code Reader
- 4. FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner for BMW Automotive
- 5. ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Automotive
- 6. TryAce OBD2 Scanner, OBDII Auto Diagnostic Code Scanner Universal Vehicle
- 7. NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner Check Engine Light Car
- What To Consider Before Buying A Automotive Diagnostic Scanners?
After selecting the 7 best automotive diagnostic scanners, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand.
Autel Scanner Maxisys MS906 Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tool
FOXWELL NT624 Elite OBD2 Scanner Automotive All Systems
LAUNCH Scan Tool CRP129X OBD2 Scanner Automotive Code Reader
FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner for BMW Automotive
ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Automotive
TryAce OBD2 Scanner,OBDII Auto Diagnostic Code Scanner
NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner Check Engine Light Car
7 Best Automotive Diagnostic Scanners Reviews 2021
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough experience reviewing these diagnostic tools here.
1. Autel Scanner Maxisys MS906 Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tool
Autel Scanner Maxisys Diagnostic Scanner comes with active test support, which allows you to input your commands to check your car’s system’s integrity in the ECU and other parts. Therefore, it can monitor your vehicle’s different components, including door controls, windows, engine fans, idle control, etc. so that you can get accurate information about them.
The device comes with 22 beneficial functions, which saves your time and money because these functions are reliable, powerful, and super fast. These functions include EPB, IMMO keys, TPMS, BMS, Suspension, DPF, WIN DR ROOF, Injector, SAS, Throttle, Oil Reset, SEATS, Odometer, Lang change, Brake bleed, Headlamp, TEC learn, CHG tire SIZE.
With the best diagnostic scanner for all cars, you can access your vehicle’s full system diagnostics such as Body, Chasis, Engine, Transmission, Electronic, SRS, ABS, etc. You can also change the program option of the ECU coding that already comes with the software. But you have to make sure that the ECU coding may not support all vehicles. It is based on the Android operating system; therefore, it becomes very fast and can cover OE-level diagnostics.
Autel Scanner Maxisys Diagnostic Scanner Features:
- The automotive diagnostic scanner is ideal for DIY auto mechanics and professional mechanics because it comes with the best features that suit both.
- MS906 comes with extensive coverage of most vehicles for the US, Asian, and Europe, including Acura, Alfa, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Chevrolet, and so forth.
- It is very fast in its action, meaning that it comes with high-performance hardware and powerful advanced diagnostic software.
- The device comes with an Active Test feature, which benefits you to input commands into the ECU to check the vehicle’s engine’s integrity and other parts.
- Its ECU coding enables you to access full system diagnostics, including ABS, SRS, Body, Chassis, Powertrain, Electronic, Engine, Transmission, etc.
2. FOXWELL NT624 Elite OBD2 Scanner Automotive All Systems
FOXWELL Automotive Scanner comes to meet your automotive diagnostic needs, from DIY mechanics to a professional one. It has all system diagnoses and two common reset services, including EPB service and Oil Reset. It allows you to examine the different systems of auto repair.
The device comes with comprehensive coverage, enabling you to diagnose all cars, minivans, SUVs, light-duty trucks, etc. It provides you to read and clear codes for Transmission, Engine, Airbag, ABS, BMS, TPS, DPF, DSC, DISA, TPMS, DME, etc.
The automotive scanner comes with full OBD2 functions, which supports all OBD II and EOBD car protocols. Also, it has 10 OBD2 test modes, which enables you to read error codes, live data, O2 monitor test, clear codes, EVAP test, and other vehicle-related information.
FOXWELL Automotive Scanner Features:
- The device comes with all system diagnostics and the two most popular reset services, including EPB service and Oil reset function.
- This is the automotive scanner that enables you to use for the entry-level mechanic to a professional mechanic.
- It comes with comprehensive coverage that allows you to diagnosis all SUVs, cars, light-duty trucks, and so forth.
- The device can read and clear codes for Airbag, Engine, BMS, ABS, TPS, DPF, TPMS, DSC, DME, DISA, etc., and other electronic modules.
- Its special feature provides oil reset for more than 49 cars and can activate and deactivate SBC and EPB system service.
3. LAUNCH Scan Tool CRP129X OBD2 Scanner Automotive Code Reader
LAUNCH Scan Tool comes with two reset services, including TPMS and Throttle Body Reset. Its large 5 inches touchable screen and keypad allow you to operate the device pretty well compared to other scan tools out there in the market. The device also comes with four system diagnosis features, which allows you to diagnose engine, transmission, SRS, and ABS.
It is also capable of testing your car’s battery voltage. The device can read, and clear diagnosis trouble codes can show you a live data stream. The code reader can cover five commonly used the most useful special reset, which includes TPMS, SAS, EPB, and Oil reset. Not only that, but it can also read and reset the throttle of your car.
Moreover, you can effortlessly get the VIN easily with the Automatic Autovin Scan feature of the device for your car. With the best obd2 scanner with abs and srs tool, you can analyze all ten modes of OBDII functions, including I/M readiness status, MIL turns off, Live data Graphing and much more. And, you can update the software of the device cost-free.
LAUNCH Scan Tool Features:
- The device comes with better operation with a large five-inch touchable screen and keypad, which allows you to operate the device easily.
- It comes with two most commonly used reset services, including TPMS and Throttle Body Reset, which enables you to diagnosis the car well.
- It comes with four systems diagnosis, which allows you to diagnosis engine, transmission, ABS, and SRS.
- The battery voltage test helps you monitor the car’s battery voltage at any time with the touchable screen’s help.
- The devices also have full OBD2 compliance, supporting all ten modes of OBDII functions, including Live data graphing, I/M readiness status.
4. FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner for BMW Automotive
FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner comes with all functions which you can utilize in your hand. The device can read and then clear trouble codes of transmission, ABS, SAS, EPB, DPF, DISA, DSC, SZL, TPMS, and supports the body, chassis, powertrain. Not only that, you can use it as a universal OBD code reader to check engine light and erasing and clearing codes if necessary.
The device comes with advanced features for BMW. It can control brake deactivation, ABS activation, ABS bleeding, and battery registration. With the device, you can reset oil light service and engage points for transfer idle speed adjustment. The scanner comes with Bi-directional and active test operations to allow you to activate your vehicle’s system temporarily.
It also allows you to check electronic components such as switches, relays, sensors, actuators, etc. After replacing and repairing any components, you can recalibrate, adapt, and configure these components easily. The BMW software that comes with the device allows you to use the diagnostic tool directly.
FOXWELL NT510 Elite Full Systems Scanner Features:
- The scanner allows you to control all functions in your hand. It makes the device unable to read and erase the fault codes.
- It is also a universal OBD code reader that allows you to check engine light, erasing, and reading codes off the car.
- Brake deactivation, ABS activation, battery registration, ABS bleeding service interval reset, etc. are now available on the BMW features.
- The device comes with Bi-directional and Active test operation, which allows you to control and activate your vehicle’s system and components.
- The scanner tool comes with BMW software which you can use the diagnostic tool directly for reading and erasing and controlling the car’s codes
5. ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Automotive
ANCEL Vehicle OBD2 Scanner is an enhanced four system diagnostic tool that benefits you to detect any issue in your vehicles. It can perform full detection of your car, including Transmission, SRS, and ABS testing. By reading the fault codes, the device can turn off the warning light. The scanner only supports cars from the 2005 and above models for the transmission, abs, and srs system testing.
The device comes with full OBDII diagnostic supports, which benefits you to test with its advanced mode, including live data streaming in graphic formats. Therefore, the device is capable of reading and can clear DTCs and does smog tests, including O2 sensor tests, I/M readiness, and so forth, which prevent you from worries of emission problems.
With the best budget car diagnostic scanner, you can read the EVAP system test, retrieve vehicle information, and freeze frame data. Its add-on extra functions allow you to read the graph, record, and replay data streams for AT, ABS, SRS, and Engine. If you want to read the data streaming with various formats, it comes with added benefits of reading the data streaming system.
ANCEL Vehicle OBD2 Scanner Features:
- The scanner tool comes with enhanced four system diagnostic tools, allowing you to diagnose EOBD and OBD standard protocol.
- The device can also perform complete detection on your cars, including ABS, Transmission, and SRS, to read and erase fault codes.
- Analyzing the fault codes, the device can turn off the warning light. It supports only from 2005 and the latest for SRS, Transmission, and ABS testing.
- It comes with full OBDII diagnosis, which has test modes with advanced mode 4. It has the capability to read and clear DTCs.
- The device has the coverage of 46 vehicle makers of the OBDII test and diagnosis.
6. TryAce OBD2 Scanner, OBDII Auto Diagnostic Code Scanner Universal Vehicle
TryAce OBD2 Scanner comes with powerful features to fulfill your requirements. It should be a professional diagnostic scan tool for car owners that enables you to check OBDII and EOBD diagnostic functions. The device can read and clear DTCs like other automotive scan tools out there in the market
The device comes with powerful compatibility, which can work on most vehicles right now on the market, including the manufacturing date from the year 1996. It supports all OBDII protocols, such as ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM, and CAN.
The scan tool can scan fast and erase the engine’s fault codes comfortably. The device comes with a unique one-click I/M readiness status, which is very fast to scan your vehicle’s engine’s integrity level. The scan tool enables you to monitor all your vehicle’s parts and status meeting the State Emission Monitor.
TryAce OBD2 Scanner Features:
- The device comes with powerful features to check your vehicle’s error codes and integrity of the engine.
- It also allows you to diagnose almost all OBDII and EOBD functions, including reading and clear DTCs.
- Its powerful compatibility helps you work on most vehicles that are sold in the United States of America since 1996.
- The device can support all protocols, including KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM, and CAN.
- The scan tool has a unique one-click I/M readiness status, which allows you to check your car’s engine’s integrity very fast.
7. NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner Check Engine Light Car
NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner is one of the Best budget obd2 scanners for fault code reader. It comes with the feature to help you to check whether your car has any engine fault codes. Therefore, you can fix the error with the device. It can also display the error code definition and find out what has caused the problem and how to solve it as well.
The scan tool also comes with a car battery monitor, which allows you to read the battery voltage in real-time; therefore, you can get the actual data and fault definition with the device. To save your battery, it provides you with six warning tips to maintain the battery of the car.
The device comes with 10 modes of OBD2 diagnostic features, which enable you to check any error of the car and its components. It helps you to view I/M readiness, data stream freeze frame data, etc. It can also retrieve the auto vehicle information, and the O2 sensor of the device allows you to test the accurate bad O2 sensor.
NEXAS NL101 OBD2 Scanner Features:
- The scan tool comes with an OBDII scanner to help you check whether there is any fault in the car’s engine codes to fix it.
- The device can display the error code definition, which enables you to figure out the error, and therefore you can take the necessary steps to fix them.
- The scan tool comes with a Car Battery Monitor, which allows you to read the real-time battery voltage and monitor the battery health status.
- It has 10 different modes of OBDII diagnostic functions, including reading and erases any fault code error of your car’s engine.
- The device comes with an EVAP test function, which allows you to find out if there is any leak in the vehicle’s EVAP system.
What To Consider Before Buying A Automotive Diagnostic Scanners?
Before buying an automotive diagnostic scanner, you have to consider a few essential things. Otherwise, you may lead to the wrong one, which ultimately will not fulfill your requirements. In this article, we will describe these important things shortly but effectively so that you can get the best automotive diagnostic scanner for your needs.
The more features your scan tool has, is better. However, an OBD scanner should have the diagnostic part. Besides, reading and erasing, and clearing the error codes should be the priority of a scanner tool. You should consider its memory size, battery life, display, compatibility, and so forth, among other features.
A scanner tool’s compatibility should be one of the best options for you to utilize the tool for checking the error codes and erasing them. Also, you need to have a device that is compatible with the OBDII scanner tool. Some scanner tools come with Bluetooth connectivity, enabling you to connect the device to your mobile device.
As you have to buy a scanner tool for your car to check the issues and do accordingly to run your vehicles pretty well without being worried, you need to invest in the right device, which will best suit your requirements. In this case, these devices are not cheap.
All scanner tolls are not compatible with all versions of vehicles. But in recent models, there are scanner tools that can work with any vehicles. But some manufacturers still may create these scanner tools, which may not suit your car’s model. In the 1996 models, some scanner can only work with these vehicles sold in the USA.
There are many models and sizes out there in the market for scanner tools. Depending on your requirements, you have to consider what should be best for your needs. You ought to recognize the uniqueness between a code reader and a scanner. A reader shows the codes.
Note: Apart from this article, we have just covered a complete article on Automotive Diagnostic Scanners buying guide you can check it out.
Why Should You Buy an Automotive Diagnostic Scanners
You should buy an automotive diagnostic scanner if you own a car. You don’t have to go to the mechanic for simple issues with your cars.
- It will help you read, erase, and clear error codes in the engine, and therefore, you can fix the issues accordingly.
- You can use the device to detect any problem fast and analyze the issues displaying to you.
- You need the automotive scanner because it will allow you to oil reset, EPB, TPMS, Brake bleed, DPF, Injector, and so forth.
- Most of the scanner tools are compatible with most car models sold in the United States of America.
- It can diagnosis the full system and ECU coding, including Body, Chassis, Electronic, Transmission, SRS, ABS, and the like.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may still have some questions in your mind, right? That’s why; we are going to answer some frequently asked questions. Maybe, you have the same question in your mind, and you will get the answers from below.
Are car diagnostics accurate?
In most cases, car diagnostics are accurate. However, there is a slight difference between testing with the scanner and a mechanic.
Can you rent a diagnostic machine?
Yes, from a professional mechanic, you can rent a diagnostic machine. If you need to rent one, you have to find it near you where a mechanic is available.
How long does it take for a diagnostic test on a car?
It is fast to diagnosis a car with scanner tools. But if you want to diagnosis the full system, you may require at least 60 minutes.
All the automotive diagnostic scanner we have mentioned earlier here are worth trying. These scanner tools will help you do the work. If you have problem finding one, let’s do the hard job for you. We recommend you to go for the Autel Scanner tool.
Because it can analyze the system of your car very fast. Not only that with the scanner tool, you can read, erase and clear the errors of your engines and then you can fix them. It is also compatible with almost all vehicles out there in the market right now.